Online money transfers are an amazing way to get money where it needs to go. And like anything popular, it attracts scammers.
Here are a few simple steps to help you keep your money safe online.
- Only share your personal details with people you know and trust
- Don’t share your card number along with the CVV (the security code on the back) with strangers
- Never share your TransferGo account login details with anyone
- If you're using a public computer, never save your details and make sure you log out
- Keep the software on your own computer up to date
- Use antivirus and/or anti-malware software (and make sure it's legit!)
- Never click on any suspicious links
- We will NEVER ask for your card number over the phone
- We will NEVER ask for your pin, passcode or password over the phone or by email
- We will NEVER ask you to authorise a payment from your bank account to a new, ‘safe’ account
- A trustworthy seller/buyer will never ask you how much money you have in your account
- Look for signs of certification and regulation whenever you buy or sell online
And whatever happens, always ask yourself: Is this offer too good to be true? Is the person I’m speaking with really who they say they are? Am I being pressured into making a payment?
Rest assured: we’re constantly monitoring our security and on the look out for fraud—so you can keep making secure transfers to the people you love.