1.1 This page sets out the terms and conditions that apply to the TransferGo Refer a Friend Programme (the "Referral Programme").
1.2 The Referral Programme is sponsored, promoted and administered by TransferGo Ltd ("TransferGo", "we", "us"). TransferGo operates a service that allows you to transfer money and make foreign currency payments internationally through our website, transfergo.com, and our app (the "Service").
1.3 By referring a friend to us as set out below, you shall be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions ("Programme Terms"). Please read these Programme Terms carefully and make sure you understand and agree to them before referring your friend to us.
1.4 The Referral Programme is void where prohibited by law.
- How to participate in the Referral Programme
2.1 That person (the "Referred User") must register with us and set up an Account and identify that you have referred them to our Service by:
- quoting your invite code; or
- following your invite link; or
- following the link contained in the introductory email sent through our Service;
2.2 The Referred User must transfer £100 or more (or equivalent in another currency) within 6 months of creating an Account (either as a single transfer of £100 or as more than one transfer that adds up to £100) (the "Qualifying Transfer(s)"). Same currency transfers (E.g. EUR to EUR) will not count towards your refer a friend qualifying transfers.
2.3 The Referred user needs to transfer a minimum of £100 (or equivalent in another currency) regardless of when they were invited. If they were referred before these Terms and Conditions were updated, they now must adhere to the new transfer amount of £100.
2.4 We will provide you with access to an invite code and invite link when you sign in to your Account and access the "Invite" page on our Service. If you have agreed to receive email communications from us, we will also send your invite code to the email address you provided to us when you set up your Account. You can check your stored email address by visiting your Account.
2.5 We will also provide a functionality on the "Invite" page on our Service to allow you to instruct us to send introductory emails on your behalf.
2.6 In order to participate in the Referral Programme:
- you must recommend our Service to a person and do any of the following:
- give them your invite code; or
- send them your invite link; or
- tell us to send them an introductory email through our Service by submitting their email address to us using the functionality on the "Invite " page on our Service;
- By telling us to send them an email (and/or other communication methods) you confirm that you have the express consent of the receiver for us to keep their contact details and use them for the Referral Programme.
2.7 You must ensure that you have the Referred User's consent to send them the invite code or invite link to our Service, or for us to send them the introductory email on your behalf.
2.8 Once the Referred User has completed the Qualifying Transfer(s), you may be eligible to claim a cash reward in the amount set out in clause 3 (the "Bonus"). A Qualifying Transfer shall be deemed completed when:
- the Referred User has initiated the transfer, paid us the relevant amount to be transferred together with our fees; and
- the receiver's bank account has been credited with the amount sent by the Referred User using our Service (subject to any additional fees and charges as set out in our Terms and Conditions https://www.transfergo.com/en/terms-and-conditions) and hasn’t been rejected or refunded back to our account.
2.9 Subject to paragraphs 5, 2.8, 2.9 and 2.10, we will inform you of your right to claim the Bonus by updating the "Invite" page on our Service within 5 business days of the Referred User completing the Qualifying Transfer(s).
2.10 If the Referred User uses an invite link rather than the invite code when creating their Account, or follows the link in the introductory email, they must have cookies enabled on their browser in order for us to identify them as having been referred to our Service by you, and for you to be eligible to receive a Bonus.
2.11 Before you can claim your Bonus, we may need to obtain some additional documentation or information from you and the Referred User (if we have not done so already). We may:
- ask you and the Referred User to provide such details or documentation as we may reasonably require to confirm your or the Referred User's identity (as applicable);
- take any reasonable steps to verify any information or documents provided by you or the Referred User for the purposes of electronic identification, such as accessing government and private databases and credit reference agencies.
2.12 TransferGo reserves the right not to pay out bonuses in the following cases:
- we are unable to verify your or the Referred User's identity or any additional information and documentation in accordance with clause 9;
- we reasonably suspect that the Account has been created by the Referred User fraudulently or the Referred User's Account is otherwise in breach of our Terms and Conditions (https://www.transfergo.com/en/terms-and-conditions);
- transfers made using prepaid cards or made to prepaid card providers (Revolut, Monese, N26 or any other) will not be considered eligible for the Refer a Friend program; and we will reserve the right not to pay out the reward.
- we reserve the right not to issue the reward payout if the sender and receiver of a transaction using a refer-a-friend coupon code or link are the same person, regardless of whether a) the name on their bank account, debit card, credit card, prepaid card or ID is different or b) their billing address is different.
- The bank card or account you pay with must be your own – so the name on it needs to match the name on your TransferGo account. If the names don’t match, we reserve the right not to pay out your reward.
- you have breached any provision in these Programme Terms or our Terms and Conditions;
- we have discontinued the Referral Programme and the Qualifying Transfer(s) have been completed after the date on which the Referral Programme was discontinued;
- we are prohibited from paying you the Bonus by applicable law; or
- your Bonus has expired in accordance with paragraph 4.2.
- you or your Referred User has multiple TransferGo accounts;
- if the Bonus was claimed to the same account by multiple users
- if we suspect that a referred friend has no real intention in using our service and used our service only once with the aim to get a Bonus
- when you request the Bonus to be paid to an account other than your personal bank account
- when you request your Bonus to be paid out to the account of a country that we don’t support
- if the referred friend does not provide their unique code when creating their TransferGo account or making a booking. The reward is assigned to the first referrer from the referrer’s code they’re using. TransferGo are not able to reassign Bonuses.
2.13 You must not use pay-per-click or other paid or automated lead generation services to participate in the Referral Programme. You may not be able to claim your Bonus if we reasonably suspect that you have used such services to invite Referred Users to our Service, and we may also take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate, including immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Service or closure of your Account.
2.14 The decision of TransferGo in all matters is final and binding and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- Bonus amount
3.1 Your Invite a Friend program, bonus and currency are determined by your location.
3.2. Your friend’s Invite a Friend program, bonus and currency are determined by their location.
3.3 You can claim your Bonus in any lawful currency used in our Supported Countries (as defined in our Terms and Conditions). We will convert the relevant Bonus amount into the currency selected at the rate shown on the Service on the day and time that we pay the Bonus to you. These rates may fluctuate from time to time in accordance with fluctuations in international exchange rate markets.
3.4 Bonus amounts are a minimum of 5GBP (or equivalent), and usually two or three times more, for the referrers. Those who are invited may be rewarded with discounts or cash bonuses or varying amounts. We’re always looking for the best solutions for our customers, so we reserve the right to change the reward type and amount at any time.
- Claiming your Bonus
4.1 Once your Bonus is available, you can claim it by:
- filling in your profile with your personal details;
- following the "Claim Your Reward" link on the "Invite" page on our Service;
- submitting your own bank account details;
4.2 You must claim your Bonus within 30 days. We will inform you of your right to do so, if you have agreed to receive email communications and/or notifications from us. If you do not claim your Bonus within this period, your right to receive it will expire. We will inform you that this right has expired by updating the "Invite" page on our Service.
4.3 Currently we can’t pay out rewards to people in the following countries: Pakistan, Nigeria, Indonesia, Kenya, Thailand, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh.
- Limitation of Liability
5.1 TransferGo reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Referral Programme with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud).
5.2 We may also modify or discontinue the Referral Programme on reasonable notice to you. If we discontinue the Referral Programme, we will:
- subject to paragraph 4.2, honour any Bonuses for which you became eligible prior to 11:59 pm UK time on the last date of the Referral Programme;
- inform you of any right to claim a Bonus that had accrued to you as at 11:59 pm UK time on the last date of the Referral Programme if you have agreed to receive email communications and/or notifications from us.
5.3 TransferGo accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage incurred or suffered by you as a result of participating in the Referral Programme or accepting or using your Bonus, including (but not limited to) any loss resulting from the following:
- any postponement or cancellation of the Referral Programme, or any delay in informing you of your right to claim a Bonus;
- any alteration, unauthorised access, damage, late delivery or non-delivery of any notices, acceptances, requests or other documents related to the Referral Programme;
- any damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in the Referral Programme or downloading any materials in connection with the Referral Programme;
- any act or default of any third party supplier.
5.4 Nothing in these Programme Terms shall exclude the liability of TransferGo for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence, or any other matter for which the law does not allow us to exclude or limit our liability.
5.5 All taxes and other administrative expenses are the responsibility of the referrer.
- Your personal details
- Moving to Affiliates Programme
7.1 Based on your referral behaviour we may deem it appropriate to move you onto our Affiliates programme. In such cases you will be given adequate notice and your revised cashback benefits will be outlined.
8.1 If any provision of these Programme Terms is judged to be illegal or unenforceable, this will not affect the continuation in full force and effect of the remainder of the provisions.
8.2 If you have any questions about the Referral Programme, please email us at email@example.com with "Refer a Friend Programme" in the subject line.
8.3 The Referral Programme will be governed by English law and participants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
8.4 TransferGo reserves the right to refuse payout of this bonus at their discretion.
8.5 TransferGo reserves the right to amend or withdraw the bonus at its absolute discretion.
8.6 TransferGo reserves the right to terminate the Referral Program at any time, without notice.
8.7 We constantly try out different invite programs, and include you in them. We therefore reserve the right to alter or amend the offer, its terms and conditions at any time.